If you suffer from allergies, you know how uncomfortable breathing can be when your indoor environment is contaminated with allergens. Whether your allergic symptoms are caused by asthma, another respiratory ailment or a simple sensitivity to common airborne irritants, taking steps to minimize the air pollution inside your home can make a big difference to your comfort and well-being. One key way you can lower pollution levels inside your home is through proper HVAC system care.
Initial Steps toward a Cleaner HVAC System and a Healthier Home
The most basic steps to reducing indoor air pollution are simple yet important not to overlook. For easier breathing, do the following:
- Clean or replace air filters monthly to capture particulate matter that flows through your HVAC system.
- Examine, clean, and treat your HVAC drain pan periodically to eliminate mold or algae growth.
- Visually inspect HVAC equipment and vents for dirt, dust or debris, and vacuum or dust as needed.
- Make sure your gas or oil-burning system is properly vented to the outdoors.
Optimizing Indoor Air Quality Control with Expert Help
While you may be able to handle the most basic HVAC care on your own, certain HVAC maintenance tasks require the help of a trained professional who thoroughly understands HVAC and air quality control principles and has the needed skills to optimize your system’s performance. Enlisting a qualified HVAC contractor for these services will help you keep your equipment operating efficiently and your home’s air quality high. Your HVAC pro can provide the following services:
- Semi-annual system check-up, cleaning and precision tune-up
- Supplemental IAQ technology consultation and follow-up
- Ductwork testing, cleaning, sealing and repair
Proper HVAC Care Means Cleaner Indoor Air
If you live in the Dunwoody area, look no further than Ful-Bro Heating and Air Conditioning whenever you need help with the HVAC care that’s so critical to reducing the allergens in your home. For further information, browse our indoor air quality solutions or call our knowledgeable IAQ specialists at 678-369-0500.