Energy saving upgrades can help lower your utility costs in Dunwoody, GA while providing an excellent return on investment. Over time, many efficiency improvements can actually pay for themselves. If you’re looking to reduce your environmental impact, enhance indoor comfort and extend the life of your HVAC system, consider turning your home into an energy miser.
Energy-Efficient Measures that Can Lower Your Utility Costs
There are many ways to reduce your home’s energy consumption. Here are a few of the most popular efficiency improvement strategies.
- Equipment Retrofit: Replacing an old 10 SEER air conditioner with a new 16 or 17 SEER model can save up to 40 percent on monthly cooling costs. A 98 AFUE rated furnace is almost 20 percent more efficient than an older 80 AFUE rated model. A new HVAC replacement system can also help enhance indoor comfort and eliminate costly repairs.
- Preventive Maintenance: Regular AC and heating maintenance helps keep your entire system operating at maximum efficiency. Twice a year in the offseason, our NATE certified technicians locate and correct small problems that degrade performance and waste energy.
- Programmable Thermostats: Modern smart thermostats track your family’s living habits and develop customized programs designed to optimize energy usage. When used properly, a smart thermostat can save up to 30 percent on your heating and cooling bills.
- Insulation upgrade: Insulation continues to represent the best value in energy efficiency improvements. Insulation has no moving parts to break down, and re-insulation projects are relatively inexpensive.
- Duct Sealing: Most homes built before the early 2000s have substantial duct leakage. When the unit is running, conditioned air is blown directly into the attic or crawl space. Duct leaks can rob your system capacity by up to 50 percent.
Save Energy the Easy Way
If you would like to learn more about SEER ratings and the benefits of our energy efficiency upgrades, call one of our friendly representatives today at 678-369-0500.