Get a Handle on Your Cooling Costs
Warm weather can make you uncomfortable in more ways than one. If the cost of your air conditioning bill makes you sweat almost as much as the hot Atlanta weather, you might be looking for some relief. Fortunately, there are a number of steps you can take to get a handle on your cooling costs.
One of the best ways to reduce your cooling costs is to have your air conditioning system cleaned and checked on a routine basis. Your air conditioner may be sending you signals that it needs attention:
- Coolant leaks can cause your air conditioner to freeze on the outside and blow warm air on the inside.
- Loud rattling noises and vibrations coming from your air handler are symptoms that your air conditioner needs service.
- Clogged air filters and dirty evaporator coils can hinder proper air flow, decreasing the unit’s energy efficiency.
5 Tips for Energy Savings
If you’re looking for ways to lower your air conditioning bill and save money, try these energy-efficient ideas.
- Use a programmable thermostat to control the temperature settings by the hour and by the day. Set the cooling system a little warmer for bigger savings when you’re sleeping and when no one is home.
- Change or clean your air conditioner’s filter regularly to minimize dust build-up and help it run more efficiently.
- Reduce your energy consumption by up to 40 percent when you replace your old and tired unit with a new energy-efficient model.
- Check your air conditioning vents to make sure that none of them are blocked by draperies or furniture. Free-flowing air from a vent circulates and cools a room much more quickly.
- Confirm that your thermostat is located out of the path of direct sunlight and on an interior wall. If it’s not getting accurate temperature readings, it’s not cooling properly.
For more ideas on how to get those energy bills in check, just give the professionals at Ful-Bro Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc., a call today. Serving the Greater Atlanta area since 1967, we are a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer that puts your comfort first. Our factory trained, NATE-certified technicians can perform routine system maintenance, make recommends for energy-saving improvements and even offer you an estimate for a whole new energy-efficient air conditioning system.
You May Also Like
A Buying Guide for Purchasing an Air Conditioner
When you live in or around Duluth, GA, a reliable air conditioner is a necessity you can’t overlook. With an average of… Continue Reading A Buying Guide for Purchasing an Air Conditioner…
Heat Pump Knowledge: Why Is the Reversing Valve so Important?
The reversing valve is one of the most critical components in heating and cooling equipment. It’s the piece that allows heat pumps… Continue Reading Heat Pump Knowledge: Why Is the Reversing Valve so Important?…
Duluth, GA Heating: How Can a Furnace Blow Cold Air?
Is your furnace blowing cold air in your Duluth, GA, home? Below are some of the reasons why this might happen and… Continue Reading Duluth, GA Heating: How Can a Furnace Blow Cold Air?…